Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chocolate Vanilla Almond Cake

This recipe came from a week that just required a dessert... so I did something I don't normally do, which is to experiment with baking. Usually these attempts have not gone very well, but I'm pleased to tell you that this one did. Try it, and I think you'll like it too! It goes really well with a cup of coffee.

Chocolate Vanilla Almond Cake
Ingredients:
1 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 c semi sweet choc chips
3/4 c crushed cocoa roasted almonds (I used the emerald brand from target)

Mix flour, soda, powder, beaten egg, and vegetable oil, and vanilla in one bowl. Mix sugar with softened butter in another. Mix together and add chocolate chips and cocoa roasted almonds. Pour into 11x7 GREASED (I almost always forget to grease pans...) baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. Oven service in dubai
    https://www.hometech.ae/service/oven-service/
    UAEs Authorized Major brand Oven Service in Dubai, On-Demand experienced professionals for oven service in Dubai.
    1633760457946-9

    ReplyDelete